Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ethnography Training

Well, what I said has come true: The opportunity to spend this week in the training room with people learning how to do ethnography - while it keeps me away from 'normal life' in the office - has been a joy!

So, I still have a lot to think about - what does the future hold with work, ministry, marriage? How do I feel about those things? What red flags might be there? How do I pursue these things, on what kind of timeline? How are things beyond my control going to open and close these doors? To whom should I turn for advice? How am I going to find the time and energy to really process the advice I'm getting and explore the options and avenues?

In smaller matters, I feel the burden of many little tasks to follow up on, things that have been piling up in recent weeks. I also want to stay in touch with the many people who have sent letters or emails over the holidays, as well as new friends and contacts I've made lately. I want to get out a newsletter. I want to clean out my inbox, answer phone calls, and show respect to the people I'm supposed to be close to by keeping them posted about what's going on.

Well, having a blog does relieve some of that stress. Would it be too rude just to tell people, "Read my blog!"?

No comments: