Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Art Appreciation Week

Tuesday was a play-day for me. It was predicted to be the most beautiful day of the week, and I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to do some wandering.

The theme: art appreciation. I mapped out a course that included a trip to another city for a pottery show, browsing through an artsy neighborhood, and stopping by Denver's best coffee shop - as roasting and brewing are an art form too!

Along the way I stumbled across this row of row-houses (if that's not redundant), all meticulously gardened. Wouldn't you like to have a front yard like this?

Later I went to visit my young friend Rachel, aged 9. She and I have been meeting about once a week to read aloud, and lately our book is The Secret Garden. Almost enough to make me seek out "a piece of earth," too.

Well, I guess I have one, if a dozen years of paying rent count for something. I'll wait until Mother's Day - per local protocol - then go get some pansies to join our tulips and lilacs!

There are roses in our yard, too, but they will come to life in their own sweet time.

No comments: