Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Crazy about You

Ever feel like the Twitter fail whale?
"Dear whomever may be reading this. Even though you may not believe me, somebody out there is crazy about you." So says Twitter. This was one of the most popular tweets recently.

Twitter does rather lend itself toward bumper-sticker statements, doesn't it? So, do we believe it? Should we? Is it true? Seems more wishful than reasonable. Surely not everyone - even everyone reading this - has someone who is crazy about them. But I suppose that many of us, though well loved, fail to receive from that love the strength and joy that might be ours. We choose instead to look on the dark side of things and live in bitterness rather than gratitude.  
"And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (John 1:5)
Does "crazy about you" imply romance? Can't say I have such a person in my life: a mate who delight in me being me, who love my heart and the way my mind works. Sometimes, the possibility that such a relationship could come together seems impossible to me.

But as an experiment, I started a mental list. A list of people who are crazy about me (I think). Pretty encouraging. Unless I actually am crazy and/or mistaken, it's a pretty long list. I am rich in friends. (Among other things this gives me hope of someday making a match.)

Either way, I am deeply blessed. Especially with the Creator and Sustainer of the universe topping my fan list. Amazing!

Got 20 minutes to think about what holds you back from giving and receiving love? Check out this great TED talk. As I listened to it I realized that while I feel I still have a long way to go, by God's grace I've experienced a lot of what it means to be what Brene calls "wholehearted."

See also my post on Counseling (10/29/10).

1 comment:

paulmerrill said...

Encouraging post as we are still in the new beginnings part of this year. Thanks Marti.