Sunday, May 30, 2010

One Man's Sabbatical Year

Did you catch this article in the paper this weekend? Looks like it is adapted from a whole book telling his story. 
It's Never Too Late To Right Your Wrongs, Big or Small
By Lee Kravitz

After I lost my job in October 2007, I took stock of my life and didn't like what I saw. Working as hard as I had over the years, I had become disconnected from the people who mattered most to me.

My wife and three young children were afraid to approach me. My daughter told people, “Daddy never smiles.” I hadn't talked to some of my closest friends in more than a decade.

Instead of rushing back into the job market, I decided to spend a year reconnecting with my friends and relatives and making amends. I devoted myself to tending to what I called “my unfinished business.”

>> Keep reading.

1 comment:

Marti said...

I have no idea why my blog attracts spam comments in what looks like Mandarin Chinese. I'd advise readers not to click on any of those links. I'll delete them as I see them.