Friday, December 07, 2007

Photo Card Trauma










I have no excuse - no kids to keep in line, no hideous scars to conceal - but for some reason I have a hard time getting decent photos of myself for newsletters, etc. I have a couple of mug shots that I'm happy to use online or for speaker bios, but sometimes you need something more.

For example, a staple item in this whole missions biz is the 'photo prayer card.' The picture, the logo, and something like 'thank you for praying for the Jones family.' I've done a couple of them over the years. When our organization got a new name last year and dropped our old email addresses, I thought I should send out a new card. I did sort of a home-made one - not very permanent-looking, but it's still hanging on my mom's fridge. Which is a problem. Because no sooner had all this happened than the organizational info became out of date again. So, I guess I ought to do a new one. It's a little depressing to have three organizations in as many years!

This time I've had a hard time getting a decent photo. Bad hair day... weird lighting ... problems beyond the Photoshop fix. Even the otherwise OK ones won't work, because it turns out something is messed up on my camera. The resolution quality was too low on almost every shot. What's up with that?

I finally got something usable today, on my third 'shoot'!

I'm not taking chances on the organizational info: this time, just a photo. Only $38 for 200 of them from Target, and I get them back on Saturday.

Well, I won't spoil the surprise by posting the image I chose. Look for it in your Christmas card. Here are some of the ones I can't use. Glad to have the process done with!

No comments: