Friday, August 24, 2012

This and That

Another personal update... though I intend to write things more universal, again, soon.

Yesterday was a big news day for us. I'll spare you the details, but here's the gist.

1. A bad interpersonal situation was re-opened yesterday with a discovery that an incident and conflict from last spring is going to cost us quite a bit of money. Rats.

2. As I was thinking about leads on contract work, someone came to mind and I sent off an email that led to what may just materialize into a job offer by the end of next week. How encouraging! It's a 10 hour/week gig that's right up my alley. The pay would be modest but it would help. Flexible work, virtually no ramp up, and something I might be able to continue with, happily, indefinitely.  

3. Someone from the top of my list of people I'd love to have join my support team gave a positive response. We need to talk more, but it looks like they're quite willing and just need to decide when/how much they can give. Last week I sent tentative invitations to two other potential supporters of the same ilk, and have been chicken about following up. Got to do that! And keep praying/looking for who to contact next.

4. Got my first email newsletter out since life turned upside down - a hard one to write, and who knows if I struck the right note? But, whew, it's done.

5. Hubs was out last night - drill night at the fire department. I made a hearty dinner for the kids. They never showed up to eat it. (Ha! Shoe's on the other foot now, huh, Mom?) So I decided to go out for an early evening run, doing laps in the filbert orchard a couple blocks over. Uplifting music on my headphones and a beautiful time of day. Keeping my eyes on the lovely light reflecting off  tall grasses of the meadow next to the orchard, I came out on the other side and realized the meadow was also home to a healthy crop of wild blackberries. Guess who's going picking tomorrow?  Mmm, pie. I am not sure anyone can be anxious about their life with a mouth full of warm blackberry pie.

No comments: