Friday, June 22, 2012

Post-Cubicle Life

This old, grey office chair has faithfully supported me since the mid-90s. The same one. I had 10 bosses during that time, but I kept my chair and brought it with me when I left cubicle life behind. It does look a little funny pulled up to the oak table; I'll grant you that. But it makes all the difference in transforming the dining room into my office.

I like being able to spread out my papers and materials. The pressure to clean it all up at the end of the day doesn't hurt either.

The two tall bookshelves with volume after volume of missiology, history, biography, theology? They are an oddity in the dining room but fit right in when it's the "office"!

Perhaps it goes without saying that I'm perfectly comfortable with eating at my desk.

>> Do you think you could work at home? Even without a home office?

No comments: