Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Reading List - Part 2

Are these the only novels I read this year? Life must be getting too serious. Did discover some new (to me) authors, though. Alan Bradley and Suzanne Collins are best-sellers, and I can see why; I will have to wait (or sneak into Barnes and Noble and camp out) for their most recent volumes. My friend SC introduced me to the delightful mystery writer Catherine Aird. I read Jeanne Birdsall’s second book with a young friend and had to track down the other two as it was so much fun. 

If you got a Nook or Kindle for Christmas this year (or just want to read them on a laptop) why not download and enjoy some free, classic escapes like Christie, Wodehouse, and Doyle?

2011 Reading: Fiction

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley
The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag, by Alan Bradley

The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

The Penderwicks, by Jeanne Birdsall
The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, by Jeanne Birdsall
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette, by Jeanne Birdsall

Past Tense, by Catherine Aird
The Complete Steel, by Catherine Aird
Some Die Eloquent, by Catherine Aird

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party, by Alexander McCall Smith
The Charming Quirks of Others, by Alexander McCall Smith
La's Orchestra Saves the World, by Alexander McCall Smith

All Seated on the Ground, by Connie Willis
A Christmas Homecoming, by Anne Perry
Rosalie's Career, by Faith Baldwin
The Attenbury Emeralds, by Jill Paton Walsh
Paper Butterfly: A Mei Wang Mystery, by Diane Wei Liang
Paper Roses, by Amanda Cabot
All for One: A Novel, by Melody Carlson

Secret Adversary, by Agatha Christie
Murder at the Vicarage, by Agatha Christie
My Man Jeeves, by P.G. Wodehouse
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle

5 comments:

oboegal said...

Hi Marti,
I just read your last few posts and this one too. It really makes me miss you. I know I haven't corresponded much, but you are thought about and missed around here.
Heather

Marti said...

Aw, I miss you guys too, Heather! Am hoping to make a visit in May.

Gretchen said...

I LOVE the Flavia DeLuce books - so fun!

Marti said...

They are fun need to get my name on the list for the third one.

Megan Noel said...

Marti, did you know that Anne Perry is not only a murder mystery writer but also a convicted murderer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Perry