Friday, February 19, 2010

Moods

I seem to be alternating content days with restless ones. Yesterday was great! But today began rather poorly. I woke a little after 6:00, stressed out by a dream about a coworker - well, former coworker, now - who was angry at me about some horrible thing it seems I'd done. Unsure whether her accusations were justified, I was a mess of guilt and shame and frustration.

But, chill out: it was just a dream.

I'm trying to may more attention than usual to my moods and emotions, hoping to shorten or short-circuit those times of restless discontent.

How much can we trust ourselves, our perceptions, our hunches and suspicions? Can, in fact, our hearts be trusted? Yes and no. I like what Jutta has to say about this.

See also: Pesky Emotions (August 14, 2009)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you like my blog post and find it helpful. Jutta