Thursday, September 11, 2008

Corneal Reshaping - Post #2: Progress

Quick update on the eyes. Got my fancy-shmancy night-time-only contact lenses last Friday and wore them for the first time that night. So, it's been six nights, and now I can see fairly well unassisted during the day. Maybe not so well that I'd be satisfied to stay at this level, but my vision is continuing to improve so I expect to stick with this. I have another checkup Saturday morning. The up-front payment does include whatever office visits I need throughout the next year, which is helpful.

Monday I was a bit dressed up and several people commented, "You look nice today...."

"It's my corneas," I said.

These CRT lenses =are= a bit less comfortable than regular hard contacts, though not painful; I am not sleeping as well as usual. Maybe the eyes are a bit more sensitive than other parts of the body. I think my contacts are waking me up some throughout the night. So that's not good.

Also, the contact-care system my doctor recommends is pricy; three different solutions (one for soaking, one for cleaning, one for inserting) and they cost $10/bottle. I've gotten used to just using water and cleaner for my regular hard lenses (saline makes my eyes sting and causes infections); am wondering if I can cut corners with these and do the same. However, I don't want to have to replace the lenses "annually" as is recommended, so I will probably toe the line.

No comments: