Saturday, September 13, 2008

Corneal Reshaping – Post #3: Setback

The doctor was really impressed with my vision at the one-week mark; no signs of dryness or irritation, and my right eye was 20-20 (at least first thing in the morning) and the left one not too far behind. But when he got his little camera in there and took “topographic” maps, we discovered that the lenses were not centering properly. They seem to be slipping upwards while I sleep.

That’s not going to work, long-term, and explains why the night vision (when the correction is wearing off) has been pretty blurry. He took back the lenses and is going to re-do the design, and on Monday will place an order for another pair.

Until they come in, it’s back to transitional soft lenses. My eyes should revert to normal (i.e., terrible) within a couple of days, and I’ll start wearing glasses again. The next pair of lenses will probably too the trick, but we can’t be sure.

At any rate this sets me back about two weeks. Sigh...

No comments: