Sunday, March 16, 2008

Word for the Day -

"God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."

(from Psalm 18, The Message. Read the whole psalm here.)

Sorry for no deep and reflective postings in a while. Haven't found / made much space in my life for that lately. Why do we make choices like that? I tend to treat journaling, prayer, reflection, as 'dessert,' to be postponed and used as a reward if I make it through the rest of what's on my plate.

Found myself mildly depressed this weekend and realized it was resentment about not having enough time for myself - and the old shame / guilt thing of not being "behind" on too many things, which primarily results from having too many things on my plate (and not following through on any of them adequately).

So, maybe the trick is to treat rest and reflection as essential, finishing my work as optional - 'dessert' if you will.
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it."

(Isaiah 30:15)

No comments: