If you like chocolate ice cream - even if you are sensitive to dairy products - you may really like this lovely vegan recipe.
1 can coconut milk (try “Thai Kitchen” brand)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (e.g., Hershey's)
3 Tbsp dark or medium agave nectar (a sugar alternative), or honey
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix the cocoa powder, agave, and vanilla in a small bowl.
2. Whisk in the can of coconut milk.
3. Pour the mixture into an automated ice cream maker.
4. Turn it on, and layer in the ice and salt per ice-cream maker's instructions.
5. Wait 20 minutes.
6. Eat immediately, if possible. It gets hard if it's been in the freezer a while.
My source says you can also stir in mini chocolate chips or frozen blueberries mid-way through the freezing process!