Saturday, June 06, 2009

Pictures from my Expeditions: N. Africa



I was thinking about doing a series on some of my favorite things brought back from overseas, ala Paul's International Toothpaste Museum. Each one has a story.

I found this lovely ceramic bowl in Tunisia back in 2005. If it survived the journey home I planned to give it to one of the families that contributes to my financial support. It would look great in their house.

This family is super generous; even though we don't really know each other very well, they've given more than $70,000 to my ministry over the years in significant monthly donations as well as special gifts in the multiple thousands.

Of course there's no way I can repay them for allowing me to do what I do. But I can at least express my gratitude well.

When I saw this in a shop in the medina, I realized it was just the kind of thing they would like. But I kind of liked it for myself too. So I've never sent it to them.

Apparently, I'm not that generous.

Filed under travel.

1 comment:

paulmerrill said...

I'm glad the Toothpaste Museum inspired you.

And summer is hard for me too... with the kids being out of school, the home-office thing is more challenging.