Thursday, February 26, 2009

Free Stuff



So, most of you know I edit a weekly ezine. The only part I actually write, though, is the monthly roundup promoting cool missions resources.

I've always thought that people who ask me to promote their stuff through that means might think about sending me a free copy. But this seldom happens. In the CP days people sent a lot of stuff to our office and it would usually make its way to my desk. Greg, our president, often received free books. He'd pass them along to me to peruse, promote, and/or add to our library. These days, without Greg or someone like him, that kind of thing has slowed to a trickle.

When I got home from my latest trip, though, I discovered I had hit the jackpot. The Southern Baptists' Women's Missionary Union had asked if they could send me some samples. I said sure.

25 books! (Look like some good 'uns, too.)

No comments: