Friday, June 06, 2008

Writing from Wheaton

Greetings from the hallowed halls of Wheaton College. I'm here to help train a bunch of short-term mission teams going out to about 20 places all around the world. My specific job is to serve and equip two team going to Southeast Asia for some cultural research projects.

Team leaders arrive today and their orientation starts tonight. Sunday, the team members fly in. We'll be together until leaving for the airport about 3:00 am next Friday.

More later...

Hmmm, just realize that with training going straight through the week and me flying out to a weekend conference when this is over, I won't get my first day off in June until - well, unless I adjust my work schedule when I get home - June 21. Not good planning, eh? Will have to look for some ways to 'sabbath' in smaller chunks throughout.

2 comments:

Shane said...

You rock at this training, Marti. These guys will be glad they had a chance to hear from you.

Marti said...

Thanks, Shane - appreciate your encouragement! See in you TX...