Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Through Her Eyes Workshop

Tomorrow I’m doing a workshop for a group of 48 women (and two men!) about the lives of women in missions – particularly what it’s like to be a Christian woman in a Muslim context. I’ll talk about how women have a significant presence in the mission force (not that of a minority, but a majority), and that they have distinct needs, challenges, and opportunities that their husbands and other men may not have. I’ll lead the group in praying for missionary women according to these specific needs, challenges, and opportunities. And I’ll facilitate a panel of women who will share from their own experiences serving many years in various parts of the world. I’m looking forward to hearing these women’s stories, myself.

I also hope to promote and sell copies of Through Her Eyes so that this same message, encouragement, and invitation to share one’s experiences may get out to other women who are overseas or want to be, that they would know they are not alone.

Will you pray for my workshop? It’s 11:00 to 12:15 Mountain Daylight Time, at Cherry Hills Community Church in Highlands Ranch, and is part of the annual General Assembly meetings of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. I suspect that many of those attending my session will be leaders of women's ministries for their churches or wives of EPC pastors.

4 comments:

Dave Moody said...

I saw on the EPC GA website you were a presenter. What a great thing Marti. Blessings on you this week, as you speak, network and- yes-- sell some books!

blessings,
dm

paulmerrill said...

Way cool, Marti!

I hope it goes great - and that many of the women buy that book.

Anonymous said...

Sooo very cool. Yes, I will definitely be praying.

Your book actually inspired a post -- and perhaps a few more -- about being a woman overseas. Not that I can ever match your book!

But I hope you don't mind. -- You get a big mention. :)

TomWebb said...

How did it go Marti?

Love from yu Aussie mate on the Caspian suffering big book shortage