Monday, February 26, 2007

Transition to Pioneers Begins

It sounds funny to say so but since being laid off almost two weeks ago I’ve been too busy working to have much time to myself. So now that the two big public-speaking commitments of the month are behind me I am taking a real day off to rest and think and maybe ‘feel’ my feelings about the strange developments of recent weeks and months.

Dave M. asks what my plans are… I now have provisional employment with Pioneers. They have all my papers in and gave me a ministry account. Of course it’s empty at present! But now I can begin inviting my donors to give again for March. Unlike many of my colleagues, I got a larger-than-usual February paycheck, so I’m doing OK financially even though March will likely be low. And I’m very blessed that there is a way for us to continue on doing the work that we love and keep at least some of our ministry commitments.

About ten of us will be staying at 10 W Dry Creek Circle and opening up under the new flag on Thursday, March 1. I am hoping to get my office keys back this week! We still have a lot of questions about if this is going to work, and how, but at least it will provide a way for us to continue our projects through the spring. I have some writing to work on, and things to file and organize. I need to find and establish a new delivery system for our e-Magazine, and we have another ethnography training coming up in March.

I also plan to take a leave of absence of five or six weeks to go to England and Kazakhstan and figure out if I can and should leave the single life behind, marry Tom, and move to Central Asia – possibly before the calendar year is up. And that might change everything!

No comments: